Passing of a Beloved Friend


I am saddened to share with you the passing of a beloved friend and student, Indumathi Subramanian (Indu). Many of you local Portlanders may remember her from Sanskrit or yoga classes at the Yoga Shala, or Satsangs with myself at Barnashram and our old Belmont location. She was also a semi-regular visitor to the Simplicity Gardens market booth, where I took this photo of her late last season. A few months back Indu called me to say 'good-bye' as she was returning to India (Chennai) to help take care of her ailing parents. I was already saddened by her leaving as I so fondly recall her hearty "Hi Aja"s in that deep South Indian accent of hers.



I received the sad news this morning via an email from her sister Shobana, who I'm sure many of you also remember. Shobana moved to California awhile back, but is presently also in India due to Indu's death. (Her death appears to be an accident, but you can find out more by 'googling' Indumathi Subramanian, or clicking on this link: http://snipsly.com/2010/07/08/vodafone-official-indumathi-subramanian-dead-video-pictures-images%E2%80%A6/

Our deepest love & prayers go out to Indu, Shobana and their loved ones.

"For the soul there is never birth nor death. Nor, having once been, does he ever cease to be. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing, undying and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain. "

Comments