Well, I Finally Did It!

 After nearly twenty years, I finally put my book, "In This Moment: Teachings On The Nature Of Consiousness," up on Amazon as a Kindle ebook!  Originally written in 1999 (I actually broke my printer producing the covers myself), and then republished in 2002 (using an ACTUAL printshop this time), I published it under the ATMA Institute name, doing the entire process myself.  I still have a very few of the original 2nd printing stashed away, however, they won't last forever.  (Every once in awhile, I'll see one for sale on Amazon for some exhorbitant price because they assume they're out of print.  Sometimes for hundreds of dollars!)  So, I'm very pleased to get it on Amazon, for the low, low price of $3.69

So what IS this book, you ask?  "In This Moment" is a compilation of many of my writings and teachings on the nature of Reality, each one being a sort of mini-lesson with practical techniques for directly experiencing the Reality of Infinite Consciousness.  In one sense, they focus on different ways and angles of answering the question, Who Am I?   Prior to our body, our mind, and all of our pre-conceived ideas and beliefs, what IS that thing we call "I"?   And how is that 'directly experienced' or Lived?   

Here is a short excerpt from the chapter entitled "Truth Beyond Belief":

 "Truth, however, is available to us.  It is as close to us as our breath or our heart beat.  It is the very fabric of life.  But, unless you directly experience this, it is just another concept, a belief.   There are methods for directly experiencing Truth, and many of the better religions and philosophies have those methods built within them, although they are often lost within the dogmas, concepts and personality cultism.  The problem is that many of these methods are themselves indirect, unclear, and often very, very slow, taking maybe years, decades or lifetimes to achieve the goal.   There actually is a method by which one can directly experience the Truth, Self, Enlightenment, God, the Kingdom of Heaven within, the Christ Consciousness, whatever you want to term it, in a very short time.   It’s called Self inquiry and it can take you beyond beliefs, beyond concepts and misperceptions.  It is a quantum shift in consciousness to a direct, subjective experience of Truth.  Truth beyond belief!"

Prior to publishing it myself, I had sent it to Literary Agent for review.  While she ultimately declined it, saying it wasn't the genre of books they represented, she added, "I definitely have a much deeper recognition of my own consciousness."   Best rejection I ever got as it completely fulfilled the book's purpose!  

I've been very blessed to have the award winning author of Middle Passage, Charles Johnson, as a friend (and Sanskrit student), who was kind enough to offer these words about the book:

"In these beautiful essays, Aja Thomas comes before us as a gentle liberator, a teacher of skillful means who uses humor and empirical evidence to reveal the true nature of the Self; and, by doing so, he offers a profound vision of how we can experience each moment of our lives with happiness, joy, and unshakable peace.  The spiritual gifts---and ancient wisdom---Aja so generously provides on these pages deserve our deepest gratitude."

I hope that you will take the opportunity to read "In This Moment," as an offering of my heartfelt realizations and love.   Or consider sharing it with friends whom you think would be interested.  

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P21N1T7/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_IV-UFb36CMVRW

May you be blessed on your journey!

Comments